Saturday, June 27, 2009

In Denver

Well, after a caffeine and sugar powered trip to Sedalia, Monday, running on 3 hours sleep, I had a nice visit with my Grandma and Grandpa Smith and my aunt Janet. Grandpa is recovering well from his knee surgery and should be home now. Tuesday morning, I hung out chatting with Grandma and watching an Amish man cut down a tree in their back yard, hoping he wasn't going to drop it on the house. All went well and it came down just as he planned. Phew!

Tuesday afternoon, I drove to Dad's and had him help me drop my car off at the shop again. The temperature gauge had been getting pretty high, and I had to put some coolant in it once on the way to Sedalia. We visited my Grandma Mitchell (Dad's mom) in the nursing home and visited my aunt and uncle, Marilyn and Dean. I took my dad to work and went to dinner with my cousin, Mike, and had a really nice time chatting with him.

Thursday morning, I got my car back. They replaced the radiator *again*. Apparently, when it overheated a couple of times after the radiator was replaced, it damaged the neck of the radiator and the cap wouldn't seal properly any more. They also replaced the fan clutch. So far, so good. It seems to be holding up, and the temp is staying down, so maybe it's fixed for good now. *knock on wood*

I had lunch with my dad and an old high school friend, also named Geoff. It was good to catch up a little. After lunch, I headed out to visit my sister near Omaha. We had a nice visit. Her daughter, Liliana, is quite the cutie. It's crazy how much she looks like Sara when she was young.

Friday, I wasn't sure if I wanted to stick around or head out for Denver. Eventually, around 5:00, I decided to hit the road. By about 12:30, mountain time, I rolled in to my friend Aarrun's place in Denver. Today, I went to the Denver Pride Festival with Aarun for a while. Tomorrow, I think I'm going to drive up to Lumpy Ridge to climb. I can't wait to get back on the rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment