Thursday, March 26, 2009

The rubber hits the road....

Well, I wasn't planning to leave at 6:30 in the evening, but things took a little longer than expected. I guess I should have expected that, but...well, you see the Catch 22....

Packing up....


Making sure I'm adequately supplied in essential provisions...


Building a comfy nest....


But, I'm finally ready to go.

Anyway, I'm about to head out for Kentucky. We'll see how far I get. I may just hit a rest stop for the night. Sure, I could wait and leave in the morning, but I really just want to get some road behind me, so I can start to relax.

3 comments:

  1. second picture, backseat, passenger side: is that BEER among the provisions?!?

    next question - does the head go up front or in back when sleeping?

    final question, where do you keep the gun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beer was kind of the point of the photo...and of the caption. :-)

    Generally, I do head to the front, but one day I had to park with the rear-end higher than the front, so I slept the other way around.

    Gun's under the seat, of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you aren't taking the kitchen sink, It's actually a pretty small load for a whole year. Nice. I like the Stag too. I just found Fat Tire in CANS! Easy to pack out, and better in the climbing pack!

    ReplyDelete