Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Long Way Home....

I spent a couple more days in Tucson. I was going to climb with Chris and his friend, Brent, a little on Thursday, but we got burritos on the way to go climb, and a full stomach, combined with the hot sun made me lethargic and killed my motivation, so I just watched Chris and Brent climb.

Brent on Crow's Nest

Chris on Copperhead #5

Friday, before Chris had to go to work, he and I went to the Desert Museum, which is kind of a desert climate botanical garden, with some live animal exhibits as well. It's a pretty cool place, and a great way to see and learn about a lot of the flora and fauna of the region.

Landscape behind the museum

Ocelot catching some rays

Raccoon in a life or death struggle with his tail

Mountain lion sharpening his claws

Rare "Crested" Saguaro in front of the museum

Saturday, I left Tucson to head toward Llano, Texas to visit my aunt, Cathy, her daughter, Mary, and the family thereof. I broke the 13-14 hour drive up over two days, since I wasn't in any big hurry, and arrived in Llano early Sunday afternoon. I had a very pleasant visit with Cathy and crew. Unfortunately, it didn't occur to me to take pictures.

Monday, I hung out with Cathy until 1PM or so, then drove to Denton, Texas to visit an old, high school friend, Tihleigh. We had a fabulous time hanging out and catching up.

Today, I will drive to Vernon, Texas to visit my step-mom, Carla, and her daughter and son-in-law. That should complete the Texas visiting circuit. :-) From there, I am Arkansas-bound! I can't wait for the Saturday feast. It will be great to see everyone again!

No comments:

Post a Comment