Thursday, May 21, 2009

De-Gunked

Monday, I got one last day of climbing in at the Gunks. I met up with Richard again, and a guy named Phil, who Richard was planning to climb with for the week. Richard didn't want to do multi-pitch with three people, for some reason, so we just did single pitch climbs, which was a little disappointing for both Phil and I, as we would really have liked to get on some of the classic multi-pitch lines. Oh well. Phil has the rest of the week, at least, and I had already gotten on several good climbs. I did get 5 climbs in, mostly top-ropes.

Here, Phil is top-roping Ent's Line (5.11-). The dihedral to the right is Ant's Line (5.9), which was by far the best climb we did on Monday. It was a very fun climb.

After Ant's Line, I picked up my pack, reached back with my left hand to grab the strap to put my arm through and somehow managed to jam my thumb on the strap. It wasn't bad, but it hurt enough that I decided to call it a day. All in all, it was a slightly disappointing and frustrating day, but, none-the-less, I got some fun climbing in, so all was not lost. :-)

Route List for 5/18/2009:
  • The Brat (5.7 Trad) (TR clean)
  • Nice Crack Climb (5.7 Trad) (Onsight)
  • Raunchy (5.8- Trad) (TR clean)
  • Gory Thumb (5.8+ Trad) (TR clean)
  • Ant's Line (5.9 Trad) (TR clean)

No comments:

Post a Comment